Hello! I’m Cavan Scott and I make up stuff!
I write books, comics and audio books for children and adults. Here are some things you might want to know about me.
1. I live near Bristol with my wife and two daughters. There is also a blow up Dalek in the house called Desmond. He’s quite grumpy (probably ‘cos he’s got a slow puncture, poor thing!)
2. I’ve written for all kind of things including Doctor Who, The Sarah Jane Adventures, Angry Birds, Adventure Time, Warhammer 40,000, Pathfinder, Blake’s 7, Judge Dredd, Highlander, Omega Factor and Power Rangers.
3. My first love is comics – always has been, always will be. My new Doctor Who mini-series for Titan Comics is out in March. I’ve also written issue four of Penguins of Madagascar, out next month!
4. I’m a life-long reader of The Beano and can’t believe my luck that I now write for it too. So far I’ve written for Minnie the Minx, Roger the Dodger, Bananaman and Gnasher and Gnipper.
5. Since 2012, I’ve been masquerading as a literary penguin! My flippered alter-ego is Onk Beakman, author of the Skylanders series of books including The Machine of Doom and Spyro versus The Mega Monsters. I’ve also written bestselling Skylanders annuals, activity books and game guides galore.
6. I also write non-fiction books for both adults and children. These include books based on the popular BBC One TV show Countryfile and the official companion for Planet Dinosaur. In 2013, Who-ology: the Official Doctor Who Miscellany, co-written with Mark Wright, became the first ever Doctor Who book to enter the Sunday Times Top 10 Bestseller list!
7. Before becoming an author I was a journalist and magazine editor. In 2007, I launched Countryfile Magazine for the BBC and before that edited a large number of children’s mags including Disney Big Time, Jetix and yes, even Disney Girl. My girls are always amazed I know so much about the Disney Princesses!
8. I’m a member of The Society of Authors, the Scattered Author Society and the Dennis the Menace Fan Club.
10. I support Bristol City Football Club. Well, someone has to!