Over on Twitter, Dan SWC asked about this incredible piece of art that was originally painted for Charles Soule’s pitch for Project Luminous.
For those who don’t know, I made it my mission to create characters based on all of those Jedi, introducing them into the various phases. Dan had a go at guessing who each of them became.
Let’s see how he did!
From left to right:
- Orla Jareni ✅
- Ty Yorrick ✅
- Vildar Mac ✅
- Loden Greatstorm ❎ Originally, I based Estala Maru on this character, but when Charles created Loden as a Twi’lek for Light of the Jedi, I made Maru a Kessurian, as introduced in The Rise of Skywalker.
(As an aside, I’ve always thought Phil’s Twi’lek Jedi looks a bit like Mark Hamill in make-up. That might just be me!)
- Avar Kriss ❎ There was a character created from this design, but she hasn’t appeared so far.
- Terec / Ceret ✅ Yup, that was the design I gave Ario for Terec and Ceret, the fact they were twins inspired by the identical Dathomirians next to them.
- Sskeer ✅ The first character I created from this artwork.
- Unknown / Porter Engle ❎ This character became the basis for the Yacombe as seen in the first issue of Star Wars: The High Republic volume 2.
Be the first to comment