I’m still up to my neck in the deadline for Star Wars: The High Republic – Path of Vengeance and looking forward to the day when I can send the manuscript whizzing off to Lucasfilm. In the meantime, I’m drinking coffee. Lots of coffee.
It’s also a big week as the first of the Black Adam: The Justice Society Files one-shots soared into comic book stores yesterday, featuring a new take on an old favourite of mine (and one of my favourite baddies too!) Plus today, we return to St. Lilith’s for issue two of The Ward.
As always, my newsletter subscribers get these updates first, so make sure you subscribe today.
On with the news!
- Bryan Q. Miller and I were interviewed about our work on Black Adam – The Justice Society Files by Liam McGuire for ScreenRant.
- My friend Krystina Arielle shared her journey as a background actor on Obi Wan Kenobi in a video where she tells Ewan McGregor about The High Republic and my face flashes up for a split second, meaning I’ve shared screen time with Ewan McGregor. Kinda. Ish. Just humour me, okay?
- There have been some awesome pieces of Lourna Dee fan-art on twitter. Just look here and here. Say her name!
- I shared a few short thoughts on therapy and the importance of talking about our mental health.
- A very nice present arrived in the post all the way from Alex Vinogradov in Russia!
- A round up of Phase I of Star Wars: The High Republic featuring a commentary by me, Claudia, Justina, George, Daniel and Charles has been published in Star Wars Insider #211.
- The fact that Doctor Who – Project: Twilight was recorded 21-years ago made me feel VERY old.
- Growing up I always wanted to appear in a news story when someone would would have me translated for viewers in another country (I was a strange child!) It’s finally happened, sort of, thanks to podcast C’est plus questions de la SF, originally recorded in English during my recent visit to Paris, but overdubbed in French by Star Wars‘ French editor, Lucile Galliot. You can check it out here!
- I also had lot of fun on Comic Book Club, talking about The Ward, Star Wars: The High Republic and yes, Geode. Fair warning, I was shattered when we recorded this! It was past midnight and I could barely keep my eyes open, but I hope I still made sense! Watch it below or on YouTube.
BLACK ADAM – THE JUSTICE SOCIETY FILES: HAWKMAN #1
Writer: Cavan Scott | Pencils: Scott Eaton | Inks: Norm Rapmund | Colours: Andrew Dalhouse | Letters: Rob Leigh | Editor: Michael McCalister | Senior Editor: Katie Kubert
OUT 5th JULY
Long ago, Hawkman was the leader of the Justice Society, but what is he now? Still a hero, or another relic in a museum? Everything changes when he finds himself haunted by not only the past, but also the vengeful spirit of a wayward thief. Will this Gentleman Ghost be the death of Hawkman or will he deliver a warning from beyond the grave? The road to Black Adam begins here.
THE WARD #2
Writer: Cavan Scott | Art: Andres Ponce | Colours: Andres Ponce | Letters: Mauro Mantella | Cover: Andres Ponce, Franco Riesco | Editor: Dave Marshall
OUT 6th JULY
Dr. Nat Reeves is barely back in action at St. Lilith’s hospital for the preternatural, and the stress is already piling on. She still hasn’t informed her family, and her co-workers are whispering rumors about her previous departure. For all that, the place hasn’t changed much-each new emergency brings them all closer to the edge.
Be the first to comment