Happy New Year!
Lots of news to catch up today, so we’ll dive straight in, but don’t forget that you can have these updates appear magically in your inbox by subscribing to my newsletter!
NEWS & UPDATES
- The big news recently has been the first anniversary of Star Wars: The High Republic including a special edition of the High Republic Show where all five story architects talked about what they have coming in the end of Phase I and also teased what future projects we’re working on in Phase II. Yes, that includes me.
You can watch the video here or by clicking below!
- There is also a summary of the reveals over on the official Star Wars website, including a list of the other writers that are joining the team for Phase II (including a very close buddy of mine!)
- I posted my watchwords for 2022 over on my instagram and twitter with a call for folk to help keep me accountable.
- An eagle-eyed fan spotted the similarities between a Star Wars: The High Republic character and a piece of unused Ian McCaig concept art for the Prequel movies. In fact, at one point, the character would have been far more prominent in the overall High Republic story.
- Christmas may be over, but like Scrooge I try to honour it in my heart all year round. This card (and song) dropped by the wonderful High Republic artist Ario Anindito will make that easier:
- The latest episode of the Beyond the IVWall of Writing podcast landed where I discuss writing across different mediums with host John B. Robinson. You can listen to it here or wherever you get your podcasts!
FAN ART & CREATIONS
- It’s been a bumper time for fan art over the last few weeks. Kicking things off is this beautiful piece by Canadian concept artist Journen who has painted the moment from my A Certain Point of View story Time of Death where an exiled Obi-Wan Kenobi creates a model corvette for an infant Luke. I simply adore this.
Go and give her post a like here.
- More stunning work has come from twitter user bel ✰ who has created this image of Stellan Gios and Chancellor Soh from The Rising Storm.
- One of my favourite fan-turned-official Lucasfilm artists, Jake Bartok returned with this amazing work inspired by the classic Star Wars posters of Drew Struzan.
- Artist Ashopaints painted another moment from the Rising Storm, where Bell sees Loden Greatstorm for the first time and says: ‘Look what they’ve done to you, what they’ve taken.’ Loden replies with: ‘They took nothing, nothing that matters.’ On twitter Ashopaints said: “This scene has been on my mind ever since the book came out, and I just had to paint it.”
- Finally, just before Christmas Blue Milk Mama unveiled another of her bakes based on the Star Wars Life Day Treasury. This time the story in question is both mine and George Mann’s favourite tale in the book, The Song of Winter’s Heart.
OUT NOW AND COMING SOON
TRANSFORMERS BACK TO THE FUTURE TRADE PAPERBACK
Writer: Cavan Scott | Pencils: Jaun Samu | Inks: Candice Han | Colours: David Garcia Cruz | Letters: Neil Uyetake | Editors: David Marriotte & Chase Marotz
Pop-culture juggernauts collide in the ultimate 1980s (and 1950s and 2010s) showdown!
Things are getting heavy-and nothing’s as heavy as a Transformer!
Marty McFly has just returned from the adventure of a lifetime to a new, better Hill Valley-everything’s looking up for him! That is, until Marty and his friend Doc Brown’s time machine attracts the attention of the Decepticons!
With one small mistake, Marty finds himself once again thrust into an adventure to stop the Decepticon plot in the past, present, and future… all with the help of a new time machine… the Autobot Gigawatt!
STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC – THE RISING STORM (PAPERBACK)
THE NEW YORK TIMES AND SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER NOW IN PAPERBACK
The heroes of the High Republic era return to face a shattered peace and a fearsome foe, following the dramatic events of Light of the Jedi.
In the wake of the Great Hyperspace Disaster and the heroism of the Jedi, the Republic continues to grow, bringing more worlds together under a single unified banner. Under the leadership of Chancellor Lina Soh, the spirit of unity extends throughout the galaxy, with the Jedi and the newly established Starlight Beacon station at the vanguard.
In celebration, the chancellor plans The Republic Fair, a showcase of the possibilities and the peace of the expanding Republic—a peace the Jedi hope to foster. Stellan Gios, Bell Zettifar, Elzar Mann, and others join the event as ambassadors of harmony. But as the eyes of the galaxy turn toward the Fair, so too does the fury of the Nihil. Their leader, Marchion Ro, is intent on destroying this unity. His storm descends on the pageantry and celebration, sowing chaos and exacting revenge.
As the Jedi struggle to curb the carnage of the rampaging Nihil, they come face-to-face with the true fear their enemy plans to unleash across the galaxy—the kind of fear from which even the Force cannot shield them.
TITANS UNITED #5
Writer: Cavan Scott | Pencils: Jose Luis | Inks: Jonas Trindade | Colours: Rex Lokus | Letters: Carlos M. Mangual | Cover: Jamal Campbell | Variant Cover: Kael Ngu | Editor: Michael McCalister
Black Zero strikes!
Superboy has turned on the Titans as Tamaranean forces move to invade Earth.
As Donna Troy falls to Conner’s newly restored powers, Raven tries desperately to reach the friend and ally they once knew.
STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC #13
Writer: Cavan Scott | Artist: Ario Anindito | Inks: Mark Morales | Colours: VC’s Ariana Maher | Letters: Carlos Lopez | Cover: Phil Noto | Editor: Mark Paniccia
OUT 19th JANUARY
THE BATTLE FOR NO-SPACE!
Since MARCHION RO attacked the Republic Fair on VALO, everything has been leading to this moment.
Now it’s THE JEDI’s turn to strike the heart of THE NIHIL. AVAR KRISS VS. LOURNA DEE. JEDI VS. NIHIL. JEDI VS. JEDI.
A line is about to be crossed!