Is it time for the Christmas break? Nearly? Hurrah! As the big day (and time off) approaches, here’s my latest update!
Oh, and don’t forget that you can have these updates pop straight into your inbox like presents appearing beneath your tree on Christmas morning by subscribing to my newsletter!
It’s been a week of breaking story, with work continuing on the last Star Wars: The High Republic phases, plus a new animated project I’m involved in and an exciting idea for something non-Star Warsy that I have been concocting with one of my fellow High Republic co-creators.
But it hasn’t all been work, work, work. Tuesday saw me getting together with George Mann for our monthly meet-up where we packaged up a show proposal and pilot script we’ve been working on for a while. The resulting emails sent off, we headed to a local pub to enjoy an early Christmas lunch (which also gave me the chance to show off my new Box of Delights t-shirt!)
NEWS & UPDATES
- The launch of my adaptation of Andrew Lloyd-Webber’s The Phantom of the Opera has brought a flurry of promotion. First up, there’s this awesome trailer:
- Then, Playbill interviewed me about the adaptation and including lots of lovely preview art.
- Meanwhile, Broadway World gave you chance to win a copy (with the contest ending 21st December so get in quick!)
- Granted, this isn’t exactly news, but I did share some of the geeky stuff on our Christmas tree over on Instagram.
Well, it is the silly season after all!
FAN ART & CREATIONS
- If you know me, you know I love Ewoks. In fact, a big part of my original pitch for the Life Day Treasury was the line ‘Ewoks in the snow’. So, I am chuffed to little Wicket-sized pieces that instagrammer Bluemilkmama has chosen the Ewok story in the Treasury to kick off her series of bakes inspired by the book.
Yum nub nub!
Check out the post and see the recipe here.
OUT THIS WEEK
TITANS UNITED #4
Writer: Cavan Scott | Pencils: Jose Luis | Inks: Jonas Trindade | Colours: Rex Lokus | Letters: Carlos M. Mangual | Cover: Jamal Campbell | Variant Cover: Kael Ngu | Editor: Michael McCalister
Starfire takes on Lady Vic as more super-powered sleeper agents activate, displaying powers far beyond those of the Titans.
Just who is behind the Cadmus experiment, and what is Blackfire planning as she brings Superboy to his knees?
STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC VOLUME #12
Writer: Cavan Scott | Artist: Georges Jeanty | Letters: Carlos Lopez | Colours: VC’s Travis Lanham | Cover: Phil Noto
THE HUNT FOR LOURNA DEE CONTINUES!
The NIHIL have unleashed a nameless terror against the Jedi. MARSHAL AVAR KRISS is more determined than ever to bring LOURNA DEE to justice, but does STELLAN GIOS and the JEDI COUNCIL agree?
As KEEVE TRENNIS struggles with what she experienced on the Nihil base, the Jedi prepare for war.
PLUS, the truth about SSKEER is finally revealed – but what does it mean for his future?
STAR WARS: THE HIGH REPUBLIC ANNUAL 2021
Writers: Claudia Gray, Daniel Jose-Older, Justina Ireland, Cavan Scott and Charles Soule. | Art: Sam Beck, Jesse Lonegran, Jason Loo, Yael Nathan and Stefano Simeone | Covers: Stefano Simone & Jason Loo | Editor: Heather Antos
Join all five High Republic authors, together in one book for the FIRST TIME EVER, as they each explore different corners of the galaxy during the height of the Galactic Republic.
From daring Jedi, to the always adventurous Geode, and nefarious Nihil, The High Republic Adventures Annual has it all!