- The big news, of course, was the launch itself, kicking off on Monday with our online panel, hosted by Kristin Baver and featuring myself, Claudia Gray, Justina Ireland, Daniel José Older, Charles Soule and Michael Siglain. The panel also included our brand new release trailer. You can watch the entire event right here:
- The official Star Wars website gave a run down of some of the reveals we made in the panel, including new fiction in Star Wars Insider by Justina and me, the titles of the next wave of books written by myself, Justina and Daniel José Older, a new manga series and an original graphic novel written by me and drawn by Rachael Stott. There was also news about the new Star Wars: The High Republic Show on the website and Star Wars Youtube channel, presented by Krystina Arielle. Welcome to the team Krystina!
- We also revealed that all this is only the beginning. The High Republic is going to involve three main phases stretching over the next few years, each with its own title. We are working on Phase II right now!
- On Tuesday, Light of the Jedi by Charles Soule, A Test of Courage by Justina Ireland and The Great Jedi Rescue by yours truly launched. My authors copies of the storybook arrived and I couldn’t help but put it alongside with a book from yesteryear.
- Wednesday saw issue one of Star Wars: The High Republic #1 launched by Marvel. Reports started to come in of queues at Comic Book stores and the book rushing off the shelves. I posted a little thank you on YouTube…
- Nerdist released a two-part interview highlighting our favourite characters in the initiative and how our Jedi interpret the Force, as well as why working as a team made this a dream project.
- The second printing of Star Wars: The High Republic #1 sold out on Wednesday and Marvel immediately announced a third printing, on sale 10 February. Final orders for the third printing need to be in 18 January.
- The official Star Wars website also gave a primer for the first wave of books.
- The High Republic writing team talked to Space.Com about why this is the perfect time for a more hopeful, optimistic outlook, how our different backgrounds and storytelling styles coalesced into one vision and the importance of Starlight Beacon.
I read your comic and Light of the Jedi so far and am very thrilled by The High Republic era. I’m really looking forward to more and I’m super excited how the plot will evolve. Especially around Marchion Ro.
Good job, everyone!
Thank you Julian! We’re so looking forward to taking the story forward!