This one’s a bit different from the books I usually plug on this site, but earlier this year I was chuffed to be asked to write about another of my passions, and just in time for the World Cup.
Written by Aladair Cullen, Jack Harry, Gaby Kirschner, Eli Mengem, Martino Simcik, Neil Stacey, Lawrence Tallis and your’s truly, Copa90: Our World Cup – A Fan’s Guide to 2018 is the complete guide to this year’s World Cup. The 176-page book is published by Penguin, and features fantastic illustrations by Kevin McGivern.
For my part, I wrote guides to all 32 competing countries, including team stats, greatest moments, trivia, national legends and rising stars.
Here’s the official blurb:
In the summer of 2018, the entire planet will be glued to its screens as Russia hosts the greatest show on Earth: the FIFA World Cup.
As the home of global football fan culture, COPA90 will be there every step of the way to bring the true story of Russia 2018 to its huge social media following.
Football fans of all ages can be one step ahead of the game with this comprehensive guide to the planet’s biggest tournament. This isn’t just a book about the big teams and the star names – it’s the real football fan’s World Cup book. Penned by COPA90’s own in-house team of football fanatics, it has something for everyone including:
- The full run-down on all 32 competing nations, with a focus on each side’s biggest legend and most promising young star.
- A guide to the host nation’s stadiums and cities, with info gathered from COPA90’s own travels to Russia.
- The most memorable moments in World Cup history.
- The best and worst teams, players, kits and goal celebrations.
- Find out which of your favourite stars make the grade in COPA90’s Ultimate World Cup XI.
Much, much more!
Copa90: Our World Cup – A Fan’s Guide to 2018
is available in all good bookshops, including:
Amazon UK | Foyles | Hive
Waterstones | WH Smiths
Be the first to comment