So, I’ve been sitting on news the size of a small moon for a few months now, but the droid is well and truly out of the bag.
I’m writing one of the World Book Day 2016 books and it is…
(Cue the John Williams theme)
Yes, published by Egmont, Star Wars: Adventures in Wild Space will be one of the 10 books available for just £1 as part of World Book Day next year.
Here’s the blurb which has been shared on the World Book Day site:
When their parents are captured by the evil Galactic Empire, brother and sister Milo and Lina Graf must set out on an epic quest to free them. Menaced by Imperial agents, bounty hunters, and gangsters, they will have to travel across the galaxy uncovering clues to rescue their parents and aid the Rebellion in the fight against the Empire…
And just look at the company I’m keeping. He’s the run down of the World Book Day titles in full:
- Kipper’s Visitor by Mick Inkpen
- Supertato: Hap-pea Ever After by Sue Hendra and Paul Linnet
- Daisy and the Trouble With Jack by Kes Gray and Nick Sharratt
- The Great Mouse Plot by Roald Dahl and Quentin Blake
- Welcome to the World of Norm by Jonathan Meres
- Star Wars: Adventures in Wild Space by Cavan Scott
- The Boy Who Could Do What He Liked by David Baddiel
- Harper and the Sea of Secrets by Cerrie Burnell and Laura Ellen Anderson
- Spot the Difference by James Dawson
- Kindred Spirits by Rainbow Rowell
Plus, Ireland is also getting One Good Turn by Brian Gallagher. Exciting stuff.
More information, and a cover, when I can share it. In the meantime, I need to head back to a galaxy far, far away…