The countdown has officially begun for Doctor Who: The Ninth Doctor.
Issue One is out on Wednesday 11th March and if you’d like a signed copy, I’ll be appearing at Bristol’s Forbidden Planet Megastore between 6 – 7pm.
Come along and say hi to pick up your signed copy!
Check out further details at the Forbidden Planet website, and keep checking back for news about more events during the launch week.
More Ninth Doctor news and links
In the meantime, the mini-series continues to make a splash online. Here’s a quick round up of the last week’s news:
- Previewsworld published their interview with me online.
- Bleeding Cool revealed that custom Ninth Doctor covers are available for retailers.
- I talked about how I learned to stop worrying and love Whovian over at An Awfully Big Blog Adventure.
- The official Doctor Who Facebook page posts a story about the comic that, at the time of writing, has had over 23,500 likes! No pressure there, then!
- In fact, I talk about dealing with that pressure over at Girls Heart Books.
Doctor Who audio reviews
In other Doctor Who news, Masters of War, by Mark Wright and yours truly, has received a stonking review in Doctor Who Magazine. In his review, Matt Michael says:
Big Finish has mined the imagery of The Dalek Invasion of Earth before… However, it’s to the credit of writers Mark Wright and Cavan Scott that Masters of Earth never feels stale… Wright and Scott add even more tension when Peri is infected by a Varga thorn, turning this into a genuinely desperate race against time, with all the grim horror of one of those early 1960s British sci-fi horror movies.
Finally, The Highest Science, my first Doctor Who audio as Producer, receives the thumbs up over at Sci-Fi Bulletin. According to reviewer Paul Simpson, The Highest Science is a “welcome dose of nostalgia – but with enough reworking for the format to keep it fresh!”
That left me with a happy smile on his face, unlike my own diddy Ninth, who is still looking distinctly unsure about the latest arrival on my desk. Is this the Face of Groot?